Thursday, July 17, 2008

Studio Terra














Not long after arriving on Fantasy Island, I was introduced to a Korean artist named Yong-no. He spoke fantastic English and we really connected. Our conversation touched on numerous topics such as art, education and life in Korea. I made a commitment to drop by his ceramic studio in the following days. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball.

Fast forward to last night. Suz and I went for a walk and saw Yong-no leaving his studio. He was happy to give us a tour of his place and wares. We were impressed. So much of his work is multisensory, being visually appealing and pleasant to the touch. We bought a couple pieces that immediately caught our eyes. One piece, which we did not buy, sat under a shelf all by it's lonesome. It has a patina green inside and sand colored exterior. It reminded me of a gift we received for our wedding. Someone else will get to experiance that bowl, maybe you?

Yong-no can be reached at goomax@naver.com . He can ship to the West with no problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan,
This is Yong-no's wife Leanne. We haven't met yet but I heartily enjoyed the burrito that you made for Yong-no a while ago! Delicious! And loved your comments on Yong-no's work -- in particular the multi-sensory part. Very, very true.

I hope we get to meet soon.

God that bacon looks GOOD! haha~~

Stanley Crocker R.D.,L.D. said...

I am thrilled the burritos brought you some joy. Yong-no's art tastes like hell but brings us joy as well. I hope to meet you soon.


Stan