Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shock and Awe, bacon style

Stanwiches International is working on a nice little catering order. The key ingredient to the Chipotle-mayo bacon croissant is, well, bacon. Oh that glorious strip of salty, nitrate festooned critter! Korean bacon just does not measure up. It's too thin and poorly cured. The pork most often used here is not meant to cozy up to scrambled eggs. I had a few frozen packs of the stuff and decided to rotate them out of stock. The strips are paper thin and have very little flavor. They won't be used for the catering client. I know, I know, "the flavor comes from the stuff that will kill us all", but if you are gonna have bacon, go for the good stuff just don't live on it. I had eleven pieces this morning while cooking and I am still alive. This would be a great place to have one of those emoticons where the eyes roll.

Below are some images from the Stanwiches International bacon assembly plant. I was about halfway done at this point. There was so much ambient grease that I chose not to continue taking pictures for fear of destroying the camera. Did I ever tell you that my Great-grandmother thought she was going blind? It was just the grease coating on her glasses. They had hoped my father would turn out to be an optometrist but his experience was limited to this one procedure of degreasing her glasses. It was Like Billy Graham had cured her. Cured as in healed, not bacon. Oh snap!













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forward the recipe ASAP or else..

lovemom

Jetjohnson said...

The real treat he doesn't reveal is that frozen cooked bacon strips are delicious in the summer...Stan’s famous Bacon Pops. I’m sure he had a few of those, too, but didn’t include them in his tally.

Stanley Crocker R.D.,L.D. said...

Mom,
Due to national security I cannot provide much information about the Stanwich you speak of.

Croissant

Lowfat mayo+chipoltle and ancho powder from Penzies

Crispy bacon

Lettuce

Tomato